Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:02:15 -0500 (EST)
From: Paul Wouters <paul@xelerance.com>
To: Harald Jenny <harald@a-little-linux-box.at>
Subject: Re: [jcristau@debian.org: Re: openswan 2.6.28+dfsg-4 unblock request]

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Harald Jenny wrote:

> I took this from the existing init script, do you know why this exit value was
> used (or know who I may ask)?

http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.1/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/iniscrptact.html

In case of an error while processing any init-script action except for status, the init script shall print an error message and exit with a non-zero status code:

1	generic or unspecified error (current practice)
2	invalid or excess argument(s)
3	unimplemented feature (for example, "reload")
4	user had insufficient privilege
5	program is not installed

Paul

----- End forwarded message -----