Re: Accepted isdnutils 1:3.9.20060704+dfsg.2-7 (source all amd64)

On 12/12/2010 02:24 PM, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Mehdi,
>
> thank you for your mail.
>
> If you were aware of the mentors.debian.net package and the
> discussion then why ask the question in the way you asked it?  I
> have received no

Sometimes, it's good idea to give people time to prepare their package.
Sometimes, it's not a good idea… :)

> further replies to my last message and certainly nothing that would
> made me reconsider my position.  If anything I should be the one
> asking those questions.

There was a reply from Julien on [1] where he said that your change -8
wasn't an appropriate change to do during a freeze.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=597926#79

The idea is that you're not allowed to make big changes or test new
behaviors during a freeze. A minimal fix is always preferred. That's why
we are quite reluctant to your change in -8.

> Take 2-7 which has no RC-relevant bug or use 2-8 from mentors if you
>  prefer that. At this point, I'm strictly against anything else.

There's always a third alternative…

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي