Bug#604166: unblock: tap-plugins/0.7.1-1
Alessio Treglia wrote:
> Please unblock tap-plugins 0.7.1-1
Here are the obvious reactions. :)
- new upstream point release. previous version is from 5 years ago,
before the PTS learned about testing migration.
- the proposed version has been in sid for about seven months
- no open bugs
- popcon vote: 473. seems like a sizable, growing user base.
- the new upstream version:
+ addresses some bugs:
. 64-bit cleanliness
. floating-point underflow handling
. uninitialized values
. dangerous typo in Makefile
+ adds a new and very simple stereophonic-to-binaural plugin
+ I haven't read the diff in detail, but it seems small and reviewable
- the packaging changes are bigger than ideal for this moment in the
freeze --- in particular, a debian/rules rewrite. Do they fix a bug?
Maybe a more minimal update is possible?
Of course I am not a member of the release team, so if that seems like
a lot of trouble, it is probably best to ping them first.