Re: Would you be open to accepting DHCP 4.1.2 into Squeeze?

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 09:19:11 +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 09:48:01PM +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

> > > Not from my quick inspection of the source, but I'm confirming with
> > > upstream. I'll let you know when they get back to me.
> >
> > What's the result?
>
> I just poked them, and they confirmed what I suspected, that the default
> handling is not restored before the scripts are called.
>
> What problems do you foresee with this?

I fear things will start getting -EPIPE instead of being killed by
SIGPIPE, which they won't expect.  It'll probably be fine in most(all?)
cases, but I don't know what kind of scripts people are running from
dhclient, and I'd rather not find out now.

So it's probably preferrable to get just minimal fixes in squeeze, and
we can move to a new upstream post release.

Thanks,
Julien