Re: Please create volatile indices for squeeze

[added debian-live as requested by Daniel]

Hi,

2010/11/13 Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org>:
> Please wait until this is formally communicated.  The name might as well
> still change.  (Or the contents of the Release file, for pinning etc.)
>
> (I.e. the uncoordinated export from ftp-master wasn't our "wish".)

Of course we'll wait until Debian 6.0 is released anyway (there are no
packages yet in volatile or backports).
However, I don't see why having squeeze-volatile on the master debian/
repository (and thus on all mirrors) is an issue?! IMO this is a step
forward and backports will probably follow for wheezy. Probably there
wasn't enough man power to do it for squeeze, at least this is how I
see the situation with backports -- which is exactly in the same
situation as volatile archive was for lenny with the difference that
the backports archive has less restrictions (also a good thing).

The only issue that I can see with the current implementation
regarding stable/security/volatile/backports is report on bug #602390
[1].

Thanks

[1]  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=602390