[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#599715: marked as done (unblock: qimageblitz/1:0.0.6-2)



Your message dated Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:53:42 +0200
with message-id <4CC1B386.6030905@dogguy.org>
and subject line Re: Bug#599715: unblock: qimageblitz/1:0.0.6-2
has caused the Debian Bug report #599715,
regarding unblock: qimageblitz/1:0.0.6-2
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@bugs.debian.org
immediately.)


-- 
599715: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=599715
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact owner@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
Usertags: freeze-exception

Please unblock package qimageblitz

Well, frankly there is nothing release important about this update. Regardless if
you unblock this package or not, just close this report and I won't bother you
again about this topic. But nevertheless it would be great to have 1:0.0.6-2 in
squeeze because:

1) current qimageblitz package in testing is the same as in lenny. Packaging is
rather archaic and uses outdated KDE team packaging practises. It would be
great if we didn't have to deal with old cruft for the next 2 years. That's the
main reason why this new revision has rather many packaging touches all over
the place. But there is nothing ground breaking there;

2) despite upstream version bump, upstream changes are really minimal and
basically limited to small build system fixes. There are no changes to symbols
and 1:0.0.6-2 has symbol file based on 0.0.4 hence 0.0.6 has no effect on
shlibs at all;

3) I had the package ready on 2010-07-28 [1]. But I'd waited for almost two
months for upstream to officially release the 0.0.6 tarball which I generated
based on their VCS tag. Hence the delay;

4) the package has already spent 20 days in unstable [2]. No new problems were
reported.

unblock qimageblitz/1:0.0.6-2

[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-kde/kde-req/qimageblitz.git
[2] http://packages.qa.debian.org/q/qimageblitz.html

-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (101, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.35-trunk-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=lt_LT.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=lt_LT.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash



--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On 10/10/2010 14:38, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Package: release.debian.org Severity: normal User: 
> release.debian.org@packages.debian.org Usertags: freeze-exception
> 
> Please unblock package qimageblitz
> 
> Well, frankly there is nothing release important about this update. 
> Regardless if you unblock this package or not, just close this report 
> and I won't bother you again about this topic. But nevertheless it 
> would be great to have 1:0.0.6-2 in squeeze because:
> 

I understand your arguments and would have accepted this set of changes
during the soft freeze. It just seems late for that now. Besides, the package
doesn't fix any RC issue. So… it will stay in unstable for the moment I'm
afraid.

Regards,

-- 
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/


--- End Message ---

Reply to: