lenny to squeeze dist-upgrade fails due to missing support for rebooting Linux while upgrade udev

Package: udev
Version: 160-1
Severity: important
Tags: squeeze

I've tried to dist-upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze (testing) but failed.
Here the reason:

| Preparing to replace udev 0.125-7+lenny3 (using
.../archives/udev_160-1_i386.deb) ...

| Since release 150, udev requires that support for the CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED
| feature is disabled in the running kernel.
|
| Please upgrade your kernel before or while upgrading udev.
|
| AT YOUR OWN RISK, you can force the installation of this version of udev
| WHICH DOES NOT WORK WITH YOUR RUNNING KERNEL AND WILL BREAK YOUR SYSTEM
| AT THE NEXT REBOOT by creating the /etc/udev/kernel-upgrade file.
| There is always a safer way to upgrade, do not try this unless you
| understand what you are doing!
|
| Errors were encountered while processing:
|  /var/cache/apt/archives/udev_160-1_i386.deb
| E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

lenny$ uname -a
Linux lenny 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Thu Sep 16 19:35:51 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Do we need a more sophisticated upgrade procedure where a Linux reboot
is supported (before releasing Squeeze) ?

Open for discussion,
Raphael