Re: Question regarding new shorewall-* upstream version

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 21:29 -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> Shorewall upstream has released to small point releases specifically
> with targeted fixes that should make it into the shorewall-* packages
> that are currently in Squeeze.
>
> I have attached the diffs for each of the packages.  Please note that
> the "real" changes are actually quite small, and that quite a few of the
> changes (like all of the changes in the various man pages) are version
> number updates.

Actually, many of the changes in the man pages /aren't/ version number
updates; they're mostly apostrophe handling.  Those and most of the
other changes look okay.

Looking at the changes to Perl/Shorewall/Providers.pm, there are a few
occurrences of "$foo =~ s/-A bar //" becoming "$foo =~ s/-A //" which
don't obviously tie up with any of the items mentioned in the changelog;
I'm afraid I got slightly lost in a twisty maze of functions trying to
decide if the changes were correct. :-/

Regards,

Adam