Re: Freeze exception request for xfsprogs-3.1.3

[ CCing 553875@bugs.debian.org ]

On 09/30/2010 09:33 AM, Nathan Scott wrote:

> ----- "Neil Williams" <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> The readline dependency has also been reverted. Re-opening the
>> affected bug.
>
> OK, great - more time wasted - can you close that now please?  (and
> add this comment below, if you really to want to help? ... thanks)

No, we can't close it until the request of the bugreport has been
properly addressed. You can tag it wontfix if you wish, but not close it.

> Upstream have explicitly requested not to link with that as xfsprogs
> is gplv2 only, and not gplv3.  It should never have been changed, as
> Anibal now knows (didn't at the time) - you can search the xfs
> mailing list for references & discussion.

Why this has never been communicated there?

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/