Re: Freeze exception: shadow / possible cron update?

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 19:10:50 +0200, Christian Kastner wrote:

> On 09/19/2010 06:21 PM, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 17:21:38 +0200, Christian Kastner wrote:
> >
> >> Assuming that #596283 will be fixed by a -2 release of shadow, I was
> >> wondering whether the Release Team would like a cron -115 as well, with
> >> this feature removed from /etc/cron.daily/standard.
> >>
> > Sounds reasonable.  I'm not sure introducing yet more 'Breaks' is
> > necessary though.  The worst case if you're using new cron and old
> > shadow is your stuff isn't backed up, right?
>
> That is correct. However, that worst case -- however unlikely -- might
> be severe enough to warrant the Breaks:. I'm therefore tending towards
> the latter, but will leave the final call up to you.

I guess the other option is to leave both backups in place for squeeze,
and remove the one from cron later.  A bit confusing to have those files
backed up from 2 places, but no harm other than that.  I think I'd like
that more than Breaks...

Cheers,
Julien