Re: Freeze exception for vite

Samuel Thibault, le Sun 19 Sep 2010 14:33:22 +0200, a écrit :
> > > vite (1.1-3) unstable; urgency=low
> > >
> > I don't understand this diff.  configure introduces bashisms,
> > src/core/Core.cpp and src/parser/Line.cpp changes are not documented.
>
> Mmm, actually it's the converse. Due to the integration of the Debian
> packaging to upstream, -2 apparently dropped the needed changes against
> upstream (which were folded directly into .diff.gz), thus the -3 upload
> to fix the configure call.
>
> I'll upload a -4 that folds the -1 changes against upstream into a
> separate patch.

Ok, as discussed on IRC, I've actually just put it back into .diff.gz to
make the diff simpler. The changelog is now

vite (1.1-4) unstable; urgency=low

  * Restore changes against upstream which were lost during 1.1-2 upload (and
    re-work my workflow to avoid letting this happen).
  * debian/rules: Run ./configure through sh again.

 -- Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>  Sun, 19 Sep 2010 14:44:30 +0200

vite (1.1-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * debian/rules: Run ./configure through bash instead of sh.

 -- Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>  Wed, 25 Aug 2010 00:56:44 +0200

vite (1.1-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * debian/control:
    - Bump libqt4-dev build-dep version to >= 4:4.6, as previous versions get
    random crashes with newer X servers.
    - Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.1 (no change needed).

 -- Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>  Tue, 24 Aug 2010 21:39:11 +0200

but it actually boils down to just what is announced in the 1.1-2: just
Build-Depends and Standards-Version change in debian/control. I have
also added information about the aforementioned changes against upstream
in the 1.1-1 changelog entry where it should have been:

  * configure: Cherry-pick upstream fixes to fix bashisms.
  * src/core/Core.cpp, src/parser/Line.cpp: Cherry-pick upstream fixes to fix
    build.

Samuel