Re: maxima 'serious' bug fix missed freeze

Greetings!

Neil McGovern <neil@halon.org.uk> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 12:54:57PM -0500, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 12:36:41PM -0400, Camm Maguire wrote:
>> > Greetings!  I uploaded a fix for 591862 together with a minor upstream
>> > point release that just missed the freeze.  Would it be possible to
>> > permit the fixed version in unstable to migrate, or should a patch to
>> > the testing version be prepared?  In case of the latter, I cannot
>> > upload such to unstable due to the version number mismatch, yet
>> >
>> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/09/msg00000.html
>> >
>> > seems to instruct thus.
>> >
>> > I would greatly appreciate letting the unstable version migrate if
>> > possible.  This is a leaf package, and a notable bug upstream has been
>> > fixed as well.
>>
>> While I support this request, I am afraid that the changes look to be
>> too many, at least to me. I tried to isolate the relevant changes, but
>> it has become very difficult since a lot of files (several possibly
>> autogenerated). I was also unable to figure out which bug was fixed,
>> in order to try and isolate the bug fix.
>>

> I agree, this is almost impossible to review. We'll have to go down the
> t-p-u route.

So do I have permission to upload a patched version in the normal
fashion but with testing-proposed-updates in the changelog file?  (I
was told I needed explicit permission.)  Are these uploaded to the
same place?

Take care,

--
Camm Maguire			     		    camm@maguirefamily.org