Re: squeeze-ignore for Bug #509287?

This mail should be sent to the debian-release mailing list, copying in.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:32:57AM +0200, Erik Schanze wrote:
> please let me kindly ask for setting squeeze-ignore tag for
> serious Bug #509287.
>
> Afio has a problematic license, but in my opinion it should
> not block the squeeze release. We collected all possible information
> and discussed the topic with different persons.
>
> I'm sure it was intended as free software, even if the license
> is not 100% clear about that, but hey, is was 1985 and the
> guys did more hacking and sharing in newsgroups than developing
> license texts.
>
> Over the years this changed and nowadays we have many licenses
> you can compare, you could get already done analysis and choose the one
> which fits best.
>
> Please do not let die afio.

Given that this had a lenny-ignore tag and has been open since December
2008, I'm not happy giving it a squeeze ignore tag. Please note that
this isn't a comment on if the package severity is correct or not, or
the interpetation of the licence means that it's free/contrib/non-free,
it's just that I'm not happy ignoring this issue for yet another two
years.

Neil
--
<Tincho> 'Maybe you can try to find a nice hotel by shouting in the Mexico DF
    streets "where could a gringo find a decent hotel in this dirty third