Re: unblock request for vzctl

Hi Julien

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:47:26PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 22:10:51 +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> > > Why are you ignoring errors from the init script?
> >
> > Good question. It is a practice of mine to make sure that upgrade
> > do not fail just because of some issue during the startup. Especially
> > important as this one checks for kernel modules which may be provided
> > by custom kernels. Do you have a problem with that?
> >
> Well, kind of, yeah.  If a service can't start for whatever reason then
> I don't think it should be ignored and swept under the carpet.

Ok. As we have the if statement first on whether it should be started
or not it should be safe enough. I have also reviewed so that problems like
"already started" is safely ignored already.
I have removed the "|| true" part of the code now.
Uploaded in 3.0.24-7.

> > > The upstart fix doesn't seem necessary, although probably harmless..
> >
> > I'm not sure what upstart fix you are referring to.
> >
> > If you are referring to the change in vzeventd, then yes it should be harmless.
> > Not strictly necessary but could be useful
> > for people. I thought it would be useful to add as this was the first
> > time this script was introduced anyway.
> >
> > If you are referring to the solution for #411902, I solved that one as
> > vzeventd should be started on install. I made sure vz was also
> > started at the same time.
> >
> > Or did you refer to something else?
> >
> I'm referring to the first and second hunks in
> etc/dists/scripts/debian-add_ip.sh.

It is this solution:
'debian-add_ip.sh: fixlet for Ubuntu networking'
http://git.openvz.org/?p=vzctl;a=commit;h=0ea082ad2e72b6bad15c0e64d8bf2b4e1ee7f11a

Ubuntu is not Debian, I know. But this problem is to solve so that
you can run Ubuntu in a container on a debian machine.

Please tell if you have a problem with that one. I can revert it.
It is not critical, but I think it is rather important.

Best regards,

// Ola

> Cheers,
> Julien

/  ola@inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /