unblock request for vzctl

Hi release team

I'd like you to unblock vzctl. I have backported a number of important
bugs from the upstream 3.0.24.2 source. Not all as not all affect Debian,
but the packports can be considered to be important.

The most important change in this new version is the solution to
#576227. It is cricial to solve that as vzctl would not support insserv
otherwise and insserv is one of the really important features in Debian
squeeze.

However the solution for that was not really easy. You can see a lot of
differences in this package due to this change. I have applied 12 patch-sets
from upstream in order to make that work. This also affected the automake.am
files which forced me to run the upstream build commands. Due to this there
are quite some differences here and there in the package. Hope you understand
that.

In addition to that I have done a number of documentation changes as well.

I know that this kind of change is not easy for you to track, so please forgive
me, but it was really the only feasible solution to the critical problem with
insserv.

More details are available in the following changelog entries.

vzctl (3.0.24-5) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Make sure vzeventd can read options from /etc/default/vzeventd.
    This is a correction of the backported solution for #576227 in last upload.
    Documented this functionality as well.
  * Changed the README.Debian file so that it documents how to install squeeze
    instead of how to install lenny. In a addition a number of language
    corrections was made. Also clarification on network configuration was done.
    Closes: #574522.
  * Documented in the README.Debian file that /etc/mailname should be changed
    when creating the container. Closes: #50086.
  * Changed the package description so it do not refer to the kernel patch
    package as it do no longer exist.

 -- Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org>  Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:56:42 +0200

vzctl (3.0.24-4) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Backported solution from upstream to solve the problem with vz
    container reboot and insserv. Closes: #576227. This solution is provided
    by a series of patches. A new vzeventd function is introduced and removes
    the need for cron jobs.
  * Had to run the upstream build commands. Stored in autogen.sh.
  * Now starts after installation as well. But only if the kernel support
    openvz in order to avoid installation failures. Closes: #411902.
  * Use correct install target install-debian instead of install-redhat. This
    introduces a vzufup-post network rule to add arp parameters.
  * Updated the README.Debian file to reflect the recent changes in the
    vzctl package.
  * Backport of solutions in from 3.0.24.1:
     vzmigrate: ignore error 24 from the first rsync run
     vzmigrate: migrate premount/postumount action scripts
     Revert "Check for memory granted by get_dist_name"
     bash_completion: vzlist's stderr goes to /dev/null
  * Backport of solutions in 3.0.24.2:
     Restore vzgetnetdev incompatibility with mawk. Closes: #592991.
     debian-add_ip.sh: fixlet for Ubuntu networking
     vzctl start: do not remove 127.0.0.1 aliases in /etc. Closes: #594003.
     list2str_c produces wrong string when list is empty (data corruption)

 -- Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org>  Tue, 08 Sep 2010 22:56:50 +0200

Thanks in advance,

// Ola

/  ola@inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /