Re: Permission to fix bug #576127 in ncurses

On 2010-09-13 16:32 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:

> On 2010-09-11 20:28 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 20:20:25 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to get a freeze exception for ncurses to fix bug #576127[0]
>>> for squeeze.  While this bug only affects a minority of our users, those
>>> will be hit rather hard, and this bug is a regression from Lenny.  The
>>> commits in our git repository can be found at [1] and [2].
>>>
>>> Another bug I would like to fix is #595484[3].  This is not as
>>> important, but the patch is a one-liner (exactly three characters long).
>>> The commit would be [4].
>>>
>> Please go ahead, let us know when the package is accepted.
>
> Craig uploaded it, and it has already been built on all release
> architectures.

I just noticed that the source package contains two spurious
*.debhelper.log files, which is probably due to

- Craig having worked on i386 at some point, but uploading on amd64
- dh_clean only removing log files for packages in the architecture list
  (cf. debhelper 4.1.52 changelog entry)
- lintian being silent about the files that should not be there

Otherwise it is identical to our new 'sid' branch in git[1], please
unblock.

Cheers,
       Sven

1. http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/ncurses.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/sid