Re: Unblock webkitkde (kpart-webkit / libkwebkit1) or other action?

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:23:58 +0200, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> Heyho!
>
> (Ping - sent last Thursday, no answer so far.)
>
> Sune NMUd webkitkde (which I maintain) and got a freeze exception.  Not
> being aware of this I uploaded a new upstream snapshot (fixing at least one
> quite annoying bug), incorporating his NMU change and correcting
> README.Debian to match the change Sune did in his NMU.
>
> libkwebkit1 ABI didn't change as far as I can see; kget is currently the
> only package depending on this (except kpart-webkit itself, of course.)
>
> I'd be happy about input from the release team about how to proceed:
>  -> I re-upload Sune's NMU version to t-p-u
>  -> let the new version go into squeeze
>  -> remove webkitkde from squeeze (requires a kdenetwork upload without
> dependency on libkwebkit, so less than ideal unless such an upload is
> planned anyway.)
>
> (Looking at popcon and at the low number of bug reports despite there being
> a few annoying bugs, removing webkitkde from squeeze wouldn't be the end of
> the world - having it in squeeze would still be nice, though.)

Is another webkit code copy really necessary?  Who has volunteered to
support backports of security fixes to this?

Unless there are some "must have" reverse dependencies, I think this
package should be removed from testing.

Best wishes,
Mike