Re: djvulibre exception request

On Wed, Sep  8, 2010 at 12:13:46 +0100, Barak A. Pearlmutter wrote:

> I've uploaded djvulibre 3.5.23-1 and am hoping to have it allowed to
> migrate into testing.  Reason: the substantive changes from the
> current version in testing are almost entirely bug fixes, including
> two rather nasty ones.
>
> One of these bugs (562156) causes incorrect PDF to be generated in
> some locales.  Another (582961) is a thread-related race condition
> which causes mysterious silent crashes of the tools.  A third (539272)
> causes silent (exit condition 0) failure for tiny images.  The first
> two of these could easily be considered RC, as they are the sort of
> thing that cause automated image processing toolchains and scripts to
> silently give incorrect output.  I am happy to raise their severity in
> the BTS if the release team so desires.
>
> Having looked through the changes in some detail, I do not think it is
> worth trying to tease out just those changes related to the above
> bugs: the other changes are either minor, or only active at build
> time, or are to documentation.  And trying to tease things apart could
> result in breaking code, because the individual patches sometimes
> contain straggler typo fixes and such.  I think the odds of
> accidentally introducing a problem that way exceed the odds of their
> being a problem lurking in the very tiny number of substantive
> non-critical changes.
>
> A broken-down diffstat with comments appears below.

Thanks for the broken-down diffstat, that helps.  I'm not very happy
about the change to new source package format, because that adds:
 debian/patches/debian-changes-3.5.23-2 | 4717 +++
which is mostly noise (cvs keywords change?), except in a few places
where it's not, and thus makes the whole debdiff unreviewable.  Could
you undo that?

Also in the future please refrain from uploading shlibs-bumping
libraries to unstable during freeze without a prior ack from -release.

Thanks,
Julien