Re: live-* packages

On 09/07/2010 11:05 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> On 09/07/2010 10:22 PM, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
>> I'm noticed several unblock requests for some live-* tools even
>> soem of them have been already unblocked lately
>
> i haven't seen any unblocks granted yet for any one of
> live-{boot,build,config,manual}, which is why the bugs are still
> open, no?

I have this in my hint file:

# 2010-08-22; done 2010-09-01
unblock live-config/2.0.2-1
unblock live-boot/2.0.0-1

That leaves live-manual and live-build. The former could be unblocked
(but I'll let adsb decide on this) and the latter still needs more work.

> as said earlier, due to it's nature, the development cycle for
> debian-live stuff ends quite late before the release. for lenny,
> packages have been unblocked continuesly from time to time. let me
> know if you intend to change this for squeeze.

Well, it was the case during lenny's freeze because (if I'm not
mistaken) the packages were still brand new at that time, which doesn't
apply anymore. Besides, I don't see changes having something related to
the archive's state. If there are any, please comment on them.

>> [1] live-boot
>
> at least one more upload to fix #591330.

which is of severity "normal" but well, I can see arguments for having
it in…

>> live-build
>
> some more uploads, to fix remaining bugs in the bts, plus changes to
> use syslinux-themes-debian, and more if more bugs get discovered
> (which is quite likely, given that squeeze still changes and l-b
> needs adjustments for that).

Why asking for an unblock if there are still changes to be
uploaded/worked on? and can you explain what external changes influence
on l-b?

>> live-config
>
> no upload planned, however, possibly some if more bugs get
> discovered.

Good.

>> live-magic
>
> needs only one more upload to fix #595985, otherwise no upload
> planned.

Ok.

>> live-manual
>
> on top of 2.0~a5-1, one or two uploads to update the content from
> etch/lenny to squeeze. possibly more if people contribute more
> documentation.

Ok. I hope that no packaging changes will be involved.

> syslinux-themes-debian
>
> needs one more upload for new squeeze entries.

and by entries, you mean?

> syslinux
>
> needs one more upload for os-proper and extlinux.d support.

That's a new feature, right? How is it critical for Squeeze?

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/