Re: libdbi upload to SID reverted (was: Freeze exception for libdbi and libdbi-drivers)

On Aug 28, 2010, at 1:49 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> Now, version 0.8.2 is back to SID. I can't upload a new 0.8.3 to
> experimental, because I need you to change your so version number before
> I can upload (otherwise, there's collisions). Please let me know when I
> can download a new fixed version of the 0.8.x series, and upload it to
> experimental (so that Ubuntu gets a chance to have the new package we've
> been working on before 10.10 is out in few month, which was the
> motivation of Clint Byrum).

Markus, it would be great if an 0.8.4 or 0.8.3.1 release arrived with
soname bumped. We could just rebuild all of our rdepends, but then anybody
who has depended on libdbi0 will break when the new version arrives.

Either way, I'd prefer not to revert to 0.8.2 in Maverick, being in Beta
freeze right now. Its much better if we can just upload the new version,
and then rebuild all these rdepends:

$ apt-cache rdepends libdbi0
libdbi0
Reverse Depends:
  syslog-ng
  python-gammu-dbg
  python-gammu
  libgsmsd7
  libdbd-sqlite3
  libdbd-sqlite
  libdbd-pgsql
  libdbd-mysql
  libdbd-freetds
  libapache2-mod-log-sql-dbi
  libapache2-mod-log-sql-dbi
  icinga-idoutils
  gammu-smsd
  collectd-core
  collectd
  rrdtool
  rrdcached
  librrd4
  liblua5.1-rrd0
  libdbi0-dev

I have created a bug report in Ubuntu to link to the Debian report.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/libdbi/+bug/625882

I believe all that is needed is to bump 'LIB_CURRENT' in configure.in from 0 -> 1, and autoreconf.

Markus, please let me know if we can do anything to assist with this, its fairly urgent, but not
something we can really work around with a patch.