Re: what to do about aegir-provision

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 10:51 -0400, The Anarcat wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 01:56:55PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > On Mon, August 23, 2010 09:41, The Anarcat wrote:
> > > In fact, we are very close to getting 0.4 out the door. That release
> > > will be maintained for stability and security fixes, and would be a much
> > > better candidate for Squeeze than 0.3.
[...]
> > How close is "very close"?  How large is the diff between the current
> > Debian package and 0.4?
>
>  a) very close is a few weeks before a beta, probably a few months
>  before a complete release
>
>  b) the diff is very large. a lot of parts have been re-written.

Unfortunately neither of those is great during a freeze; "a few months"
before the package would be available doesn't sound "very close", imho.

> > Given the apparent low usage of the package (at least according to popcon)
> > and the lack of reverse-dependencies, it may be worth considering removing
> > the package.
>
> That would be unfortunate, as it would mean I would have to maintain a
> separate archive for the public packages

I can't really judge whether releasing with 0.3 would be preferable than
not releasing anything at all; your earlier mail appeared to suggest
that it would not be.

> ... or would it be uploadable
> to backports?

In general, it would only be uploadable to backports once it was in
testing.

Regards,

Adam