Re: freeze exceptions: qpdf, tiff

Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:

> Seems we're just talking past each other.
>
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 10:53:20 -0400, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
>
>> I interpreted "shlibs bump" to mean changing the SONAME.  Do you mean
>> something different?
>
> I wasn't talking about the library's SONAME, I was talking about the
> shlibs control file from your package (as documented in policy §8.6, and
> used by dpkg-shlibdeps).

AH!  (*strikes head on forehead*) Oops...  Thanks for catching that.  My
mistake.  I so thoroughly missed the point that I interpreted shlibs
bump as SONAME change.  Of course shlibs makes sure you have a new
enough version of the library package.  I will fix it, re-upload, and
re-request a freeze exception.  Thanks for setting me straight, and
sorry for the confusion.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>