Re: freeze exception for gcc-4.5 (i386, amd64 only)

Personally, I'd be comfortable with gcc-4.5 in Squeeze except for this
part:

> - the upload will build several runtime libraries from the 4.5
>   sources.  Regression tests did pass for the runtime libs built
>   from the 4.5 sources and for 4.4 using the runtime libs from
>   4.5.

This really gives me the creeps.

I would propose that gcc-4.5 be allowed in testing, with priority extra,
but not that the "several runtime libraries" (which ones are they?) be
built from the gcc-4.5 sources.

Would that be acceptable to everyone?

--
Ludovic Brenta.