Re: uboot-envtools and uboot-mkimage

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Adam D. Barratt
<adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 04:29 +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
>> Thibaut Girka is working on Debian Installer for the Openmoko FreeRunner
>> for Summer of Code with Debian. In order for this to work on Squeeze a
>> patch is needed for uboot-envtools, which I maintain.
>>
>> In the packaging git repository I have prepared a bump in debian package
>> revision from -2 to -3 for uboot-envtools, which includes the patch.
>
> Please could you let us see a debdiff for the proposed upload?

avtobiff@pong:~/debian/packages/pkg-fso$ debdiff
/var/cache/apt/archives/uboot-envtools_20081215-2_i386.deb
uboot-envtools_20081215-3_i386.deb
[The following lists of changes regard files as different if they have
different names, permissions or owners.]

Files in second .deb but not in first
-------------------------------------
-rw-r--r--  root/root   DEBIAN/templates
-rwxr-xr-x  root/root   DEBIAN/config
-rwxr-xr-x  root/root   DEBIAN/postinst
-rwxr-xr-x  root/root   DEBIAN/postrm

Control files: lines which differ (wdiff format)
Depends: libc6 (>= [-2.1)-] {+2.1), debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0+}
{+boot loader+}
 [-bootloader U-Boot.-]
 {+U-Boot boot loader.+}
Installed-Size: [-128-] {+152+}
Version: [-20081215-2-] {+20081215-3+}

Excerpt from the changelog for the proposed upload

uboot-envtools (20081215-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * debian/control: improved language in description.
  * debian/control: bumped standards-version to 3.8.2.
  * lsmipsel.config: corrected device name (Closes: #540361).
  * uboot-envtools.postinst: corrected Linkstation 2 name.
  * Added directories to be created.
  * Added uboot-envedit script (Closes: #540039).
  * debian/README.source: new file
  * Introduced automatic device configuration.

 -- Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com>  Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:22:47 +0200

>> Also, we need to do a NMU for uboot-mkimage in order to introduce a
>> simple patch that fixes padding on images for broken U-Boot versions.
>
> Have you talked to the maintainer of record about this?  I see that the
> patch is in #584166 which he replied to in June saying he would have a
> look.

Yes I have. The maintainer is happy to actually orphan the package
due to lack of time.

Best,
Per