Re: Freeze exception: foomatic-filters 4.0.5

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 10:27:32 +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:

> So it is IMHO safe to allow on the Debian side too. What do you think ?

Ignoring the upstream changes for a moment, I'm uncomfortable with the
packaging overhaul.  Also you're using dpkg-vendor in postinst, which
IMO is not appropriate (dpkg-vendor is in dpkg-dev, and the vendor is
known at package build time anyway, so you shouldn't need it there).

Lots of buffers with a static size in this code btw, it makes baby Jesus
cry.  At the very least people should learn sizeof or #define instead of
having to remember all the places they need to change the size of the
buffers.

Things like pdf_count_pages make me think shell code injection, but I
don't know what privileges it's running with or if it controls the file
name.

Is the temp_dir() function guaranteed to run with TMPDIR set in the
environment?

Not knowing anything about cups or this package, can you quickly explain
why cups page accounting is something we want in squeeze?

Cheers,
Julien