Re: Library transition libnifti1 -> libnifti2

On Sun, 2010-08-08 at 12:34 -0400, Michael Hanke wrote:
> as far as I can see it all packages depending on libnifti have been
> built properly against the new version and are ready to go.

xmedcon FTBFS on mips* - see #590612.  It has not huge popcon (installs
of 517 but only a little over 100 using it regularly) and a reverse
dependency.

fsl is also out-of-date on most architectures; see below.

> One of the
> rdeps ('fsl' in non-free), however, just received a serious bug report
> regarding a package file conflict. I added the appropriate conflict
> statement and can upload at any time, but I'm unsure what the best
> procedure is to not delay the transition unnecessarily.
>
> Do packages in non-free affect transitions in main?

Yes, although they may sometimes be intentionally broken in the short
term in order to get the transition finished.

non-free is currently not auto-built, so the new fsl packages are only
available on amd64.

> Shall I simply upload a bugfix for fsl to unstable?

If I'm reading #592242 correctly, the suggested fix is that fsl should
conflict with cyrus-clients-2.2?  This would appear to be a violation of
policy 10.1.

Regards,

Adam