Re: Parallels Access/Notice for Final RC Debian Builds

[CCIng you since I presume you are not subscribed, apologies if you are]

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 8:08 AM, James Raquepau <jRaquepau@parallels.com> wrote:

> Release Team,

I'm not part of the release team, but maybe I can answer your question
adequately so they don't have to.

> If we were provided access to the last “RC” build before a new version of
> Debian releases, we could make a new Parallels Containers Debian OS Template
> available at nearly the same time that Debian makes a final release.
>
> Is this “early access” to the final RC versions of Debian something you can
> help us set up?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by an RC build, but the Debian
Installer team creates daily and weekly snapshots of Debian testing as
well as releasing alphas and betas in the lead up to the initial
stable release:

http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/

All the individual packages used to create these install images are
pushed to our mirror network after they are built by our autobuilders.

http://www.debian.org/mirror/
http://buildd.debian.org/

Information about updates to the current stable release can be found here:

http://wiki.debian.org/StableProposedUpdates
http://release.debian.org/proposed-updates/stable.html

If you want to create CD images from stable-proposed-updates, take a
look at the CD images FAQ:

http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#diy

--
bye,