Re: Eucalyptus Cloud infrastructure and kernels/initrds

On 05/29/2010 02:18 PM, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 01:13:45AM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
>> I'll postpone an email to debian-devel for a week or
>> two until the workload at Eucalyptus allows upstream
>> to join the thread on that more public list.
>
> Even after reading this mail I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to
> do. For building some sort of images, you don't need the cooperation of
> anyone; just fetch it and publish it, the authenticity can be checked
> with the release key.

Agreed. Some "fetch and publish" is indeed what I was thinking about.
The motivation for the email was for instance  about the release team
triggering the "fetch and publish" when they want to. Or to just learn
about some sorts of caveats that may have escaped us.

> However if you want to fetch Debian packages, munge them and push the result
> back in the archive, then just forget it; been there, done that, killed
> it.

No, there should nothing be added back to the archive.

Thanks

Steffen