Re: Boost bin-NMU

On Tue, May 25, 2010 01:45, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 09:43:47AM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>> On Tue, May 4, 2010 08:34, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>> > dak rm -Rn -s unstable boost1.40 (on merkel or ries) will tell you
>> which
>> > packages would get broken if boost1.40 would be removed from unstable.
>
> Thanks.  Can you folks schedule the required binNMUs for this, please?

We've been doing so, a few packages at a time to ensure we didn't dump a
huge pile of packages on the buildds in one go.  I scheduled the final few
which had been missed this morning; so far as I can see, the current list
of packages built against boost 1.40 are:

aptitude: FTBFS on s390 (#580085)
cgal: non-free so can't be auto-built currently
encfs: explicitly build-depends on boost1.40 (because of #581203)
freecad:
  - mips is waiting for atlas, which FTBFS (#581621)
  - s390 is waiting for coin3 to build (was stuck in "uploaded" for 60
days and given back this morning)
fusecompress: missing the hppa build
gnash: binNMUs in progress
gnuradio: FTBFS (#573759)
gpsshogi: explicitly build-depends on boost1.40
k3d: binNMUs in progress
kcollectd: not built on alpha yet
libavg: FTBFS (#580678)
life: explicitly build-depends on libpetsc3.0.0-dev, which no longer
exists (#583096)
mapnik-viewer: not built on alpha yet
mkvtoolnix: binNMUs in progress
peless: FTBFS (#577904)
plee-the-bear: binNMUs in progress
polybori: Marked as not-for-us on sparc but still has binaries in the
archive on that architecture that should probably be removed; has one
r-dep - sagemath - which will also need resolving on sparc.
pyside: FTBFS (#569017); newer version in NEW but that has buid-deps which
also FTBFS
qutecom:
  - not built yet on mips
  - alpha has problems with the build-dependency chain -
"gstreamer0.10-plugins-good (= 0.10.22.2-3) and
gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad (= 0.10.18-2+b1) conflict"
schroot: FTBFS on armel (#580136)
sofa-framework: FTBFS on hurd
source-highlight: FTBFS on armel (#583099)
spring: FTBFS on kfreebsd-* due to the lack of libjna-java on those
platforms (#583097)
tagpy: FTBFS on hurd
wesnoth: FTBFS on s390 due to what seems to be a toolchain issue. The
package is obsoleted in favour of wesnoth-1.8 and unlikely to see a
further upload.

>> Also note that there are a number of packages which explicitly
>> build-depend on boost1.40 packages (as shown by the command Marc
>> mentioned) which are therefore not able to be binNMUed to support 1.42:
>>
>> # Broken Build-Depends: [...]
>
> OK, I've contacted the maintainers and will work with them
> to get new uploads done in the near future.

Thanks. Note that encfs is a new addition to that list (see #581203).

Regards,

Adam