Re: Parallellizing the boot in Debian Squeeze - ready for wider testing

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I will upload to unstable soon if no serious problems are reported,
> and revert the change if the feature proves to be causing more
> problems than it is worth. :)

I uploaded code to enable parallel booting by default in unstable a
few days ago, and besides a stupid bug breaking the boot for those
using CONCURRENCY=startpar or CONCURRENCY=startpar for some hours, it
seem to not produce a lot of bug reports.

The only package with problems I am aware of is the wicd package.  No
idea if all users are affected or if it only affect some combination
of packages.

To increase concurrency during boot, it is a good idea to move scripts
out of rcS.d/ and into rc[1-5].d/.

I've updated
about this switch.

Happy hacking,