Re: Parallellizing the boot in Debian Squeeze - ready for wider testing

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> If the release team are OK with the switch, I assume the consensus
> in this matter is that we should try to switch and see how it goes.

I saw no objection from the release team, and just uploaded a new
version to experimental with concurrent booting enabled by default.
Please test it and report bugs found with this setting.  I will upload
to unstable soon if no serious problems are reported, and revert the
change if the feature proves to be causing more problems than it is
worth. :)

I've added some documentation on the init.d script header format in
/etc/init.d/README file, but welcome improvements to the text.  The
details of the format is currently in insserv(8).  The CONCURRENCY
option is intentionally not documented in rcS(5) because I plan to
remove the option and make full concurrency become the normal
behaviour and did not want to support the CONCURRENCY in the future.
Perhaps it is better to mention it in the manual page and make it
clear that the setting is going away in the future...

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen