Re: Work around does not work

On Tue, May 4, 2010 08:01, Martin Bagge / brother wrote:
> As people have confirmed that using the packages from Sid solves the
> original issue I really think RM should consider to lift the ban to make
> the transition happen.

"The transition" in this case being lxde.

We'd love (well, I would, anyway) to be able to transition it.  However,
lxde is one of the core packages of a tasksel task and as such included in
a special fake package in the testing scripts to ensure that all such
packages remain installable in testing, hence the tasksel-meta-faux
referred to elsewhere in the bug report.

The reason that the packages are currently blocked from transitioning is
that the testing scripts believe that if they did transition then
something in the tasksel set would become uninstallable; we've not yet
managed to determine exactly where the issue is.

Regards,

Adam