Transition status

Hi,

It seemed a good idea to have this all written down in a single place,
rather than just in my / other people's heads.

Apologies for the slightly brain-dumpy nature.  Updates, additions,
corrections, etc, welcome.

Ongoing transitions
===================

* boost

  boost-defaults has transitioned and packages depending on boost1.40
  are gradually being binNMUed.

* directfb + celt

  "The transition that never wants to end".  The current issue here is
  the j-a-c-k FTBFS.

* evince + totem-pl-parser

  Just started.

* kde

  Uploading KDE 4.4 to unstable.

* netcdf

  Partly done due to normal unstable churn and binNMUs for other reasons
  (e.g. unixodbc).

  vtk is an r-dep, so we either need to get the vtk transition out of the
  way first, or tie the transitions together.

* python

  Need to schedule the switch to 2.6 as the default version.

* unixodbc

  Tied to netcdf via gdal and mapserver.

* vtk

  Involves a number of C++ packages which are ftbfs for various reasons.

Not yet scheduled transitions
=============================

* apt

  aptitude FTBFS on s390; needs fixing first.

* evolution

  Clashes with icu.

* icu

  Involves boost1.4[02], evolution and openoffice.org.  Do we want to be
  rebuilding boost in the middle of KDE?

* libwpd*8c2a -> libwpd*-0.8-8

  Involves kword and openoffice.org.

* mpi-defaults

  Some packages ftbfs with mpich2; being worked on.

* opal / ptlib

  Looks self contained, but opal is part of directfb + celt (the unstable
  package no longer depends on celt, but the package in testing does).
  We either leave opal / ptlib until after directfb + celt is sorted, or
  add another transition to that set.

* xapian

  Affects many of the same packages as the apt transition.