Re: transition: proposal libpt2.6.5->libpt2.6.6 & libopal3.6.6->libopal3.6.7
Mark Purcell wrote:
> On Sunday 07 March 2010 09:35:22 Mark Purcell wrote:
>> I have started some work on the new upstreams, in svn.debian.org, but
>> propose to upload them to experimental first to check compatibility with
>> egika et al..
> Lalande. It appears that upstream have issued the final maintenance snapshot
> for the Lalande release (PTLib v2.6.6 & OPAL v3.6.7) which is newer than what
> is in unstable, and Ekiga seems to work correctly.
> debian-release. Can I have clearance for this transition; to upload these
> versions to unstable in sequence (ptlib needs to build on all arch first),
> ekiga is only rdepends and requires a sourceful upload to update it's depends
> on libpt2.6.5-plugins.
I have asked upstream (Robert Jongbloed) to make a new release ptlib
2.6.7 and opal 3.6.8 with a very important network fix. As there is
about stable branches, there should be no regression, we will check it
anyway. Could we wait for a week? As shown above, only ekiga is
concerned by this transition and I will upload ekiga too at about the
> Debian packages are now hosted:
> Sirius. Eugen has advised there are some issues with Ekiga and the Sirius
> release (PTLib v2.8.0 & OPAL v3.8.0), so we will constrain those to
> experimental. We should only move the Sirius release to unstable once Ekiga
> is working correctly.
> Debian packages are hosted: