Pushing the iPhone/iPod stack into Squeeze

Hi,

It looks like the iPhone/iPod stack will need some hints to make it to
Squeeze. The stack comprises libplist, libimobiledevice, ifuse and
usbmuxd.

Currently the blocker seems to be libimobiledevice; it looks like a hint
is needed as libiphone needs to be replaced by libimobiledevice in
Squeeze (it's been renamed, obvious reasons...).

What should have been a seamless and entirely self-contained transition
fell victim to portability issues in libplist, a rogue upload of a newer
libimobiledevice version complete with a soname bump and GNOME packages
starting to use the stack while we weren't looking. As a consequence,
GNOME now depends on the stack, so it really badly needs to make it to
Squeeze.

If the RT can look into this, I'll help coordinate any further actions
required to get things into shape.

Thanks,

JB.

--