Re: Making "auto decruft" easier for us and the release team

Hi,

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl schrieb:
> The problems arise, when there are still some packages (build-)depending
> on the binary packages to be removed.  I guess the correct thing for
> broken build-depends is to fill RC bugs against the affected packages,
> as they are (defacto) FTBFS.

I've given up on filing bug reports because they got closed without
fixing the problem.

> So, I'm open for ideas how to improve the "workflow" and making it
> easier for the release team and us (especially for me ;)

We could add an option --verbose to cruft-report that actually runs the
suggested commands with the --no-action option added (but only if the
command is actually doing an rdep check). Everyone could see the details
at <http://ftp-master.debian.org/cruft-report-daily.txt> as soon as we
enable --verbose for the dinstall run. The release team may schedule
binNMUs as needed.

Cheers,
Torsten