Re: [volatile] Updated clamav-related packages available for testing

On Thu, April 15, 2010 15:50, Santiago Vila wrote:
> http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/2009/10/05/eol-clamav-094/
>
> "Starting from 15 April 2010 our CVD will contain a special signature
> which disables all clamd installations older than 0.95 - that is to
> say older than 1 year"
>
> Please tell me that "Disables the ability of older versions of the
> software to receive virus signature updates" is not the same as
> "Disables older versins of the software [completely]".

The wording of the upstream announcement implies that the software would
be disabled but I have to admit to not being entirely sure whether that's
what was meant or purely the disabling of signature updates (although, as
a later posted mentioned, even if the engine works it will be increasingly
unuseful).

Adam