coreutils/kfreebsd/libcs

Please see 573940. I'm open to suggestions on how to deal with this. If I understand correctly, kfreebsd has been declared a release arch for squeeze, but its libc (0.1?) doesn't handle compatibility between kernel versions, its old kernel lacks features that are standard in other debian archs, and its new kernel is buggy in some way that makes people want to support both (even though the libc seems to not do that very well). I can probably work around this in coreutils (I've been having all sorts of trouble pulling together a kfreebsd devel environment, but I think that's mostly fixed) but it might not be pretty (it will involve overriding autodetection of the libc functions and replacing them), and I'm a bit concerned about what affects these sorts of compatability issues might have on other packages, especially those that don't do regression tests. (The problem described in this bug was causing coreutils to completely bomb on build until it was built on the freebsd 8 kernel; I didn't realize at the time that the 7 kernel wasn't going away or I would have handled this differently.)

Mike Stone