Re: OK to update Boost defaults?

[please cc me on replies]

Marc,

I appreciate the rapid feedback.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 12:09:51PM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> "Steve M. Robbins" <steve@sumost.ca> writes:
> > So, three questions:
> >
> > 1. Is it appropriate to change boost-defaults now (from a transitions
> >    point of view)?
>
> No. We are currently trying to work out the hdf5 and ghc6 transitions
> and have enormous buildd backlogs on mips*, making a binNMU campagain
> for long-building packages (and let's face it, most of boost users take
> more than a few seconds to build...) a problem right now.

OK, so what's the process now?  I just uploaded a new revision
1.42.0-2 so it will be at least 10 more days until it transitions.
Shall I wait for that and ping you again?  Or will you put Boost in a
"transitions queue" and let me know when you are ready for the
boost-defaults change?

Regards,
-Steve