Re: ia32-libs update for lenny

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 01:10:28PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> That really sucks. Mark Hymers promised he would (co)maintain ia32-libs
> and do stable/security updates but no sign of them for 6 month
> now. Should have given up earlier and do it myself I guess. And I guess
> I don't have to hurry with ia32-libs-gtk then eigther.

We do have to do a cut somewhere.

Having a fixed package available in p-u could already help.

> Given the number of security fixes and their severity should I send this
> over to the security team so they will be available before the next
> point release?  Or would they want something that only updates packages
> with security flaws?

I'd try, however it's up to them to decide.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager