Re: ia32-libs update for lenny

"Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 15:42 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> I've prepared an ia32-libs update for lenny and Frederik Schueler will
>> sponsor the upload soon. The upload brings ia32-libs back in sync with
>> the packages contained in stable, stable security and
>> stable-proposed-updates. The only other change to the binaries is fixing
>> a broken symlink so ia32-libs works on ia64 at all (#563402).
>
> I notice that it's now been uploaded.  Unfortunately, it's too late for
> 5.0.4 so will get reviewed after the point release.
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam

That really sucks. Mark Hymers promised he would (co)maintain ia32-libs
and do stable/security updates but no sign of them for 6 month
now. Should have given up earlier and do it myself I guess. And I guess
I don't have to hurry with ia32-libs-gtk then eigther.

Given the number of security fixes and their severity should I send this
over to the security team so they will be available before the next
point release?  Or would they want something that only updates packages
with security flaws?

MfG
        Goswin