Re: [SRM] spamassassin 3.2.5-2+lenny1

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 07:22:47PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> In future, it would be good if you could post debdiffs to -release and
> wait for confirmation /before/ uploading. :-)

OK

> >    * Remove open-whois.org as it is cybersquatted (Closes: #537477)
> >    * Backport IPv6 support for the Received header parser (Closes: #510711)
> >    * Correct the Maintainer field.
> >    * Fix numerous pod2man errors that caused warning messages to be
> >      embedded within several man pages.
>
> There are also a few other changes which weren't mentioned in the
> changelog or your mail, at least the first of which looks unintentional.
> The others are relatively minor, but I wasn't sure if they were intended
> to form part of the update, as they weren't mentioned.

I curse "svn merge"

> - The documentation fix for spamhaus and SURBL not being free for all
> has been reverted, as has the corresponding changelog entry from 3.2.5-2
> (and the changelog trailer for that version changed).
>
> - The perl-modules dependency has grown a "| libio-zlib-perl (>= 1.04)"
> alternative.
>
> - GPG.KEY is no longer not compressed
>
> - sa-update is no longer run with an explicit umask by the cron job

These all came from unstable.  The libio-zlib-perl makes life easier for
backporting this package to etch, and is the only one that I actually
*meant* to include.  The rest I blame on svn.

> > The IPv6 header support is the only change to actual functionality.  It
> > fixes the problem where the config parser was unable to handle IPv6
> > addresses in config directives like "trusted_networks".  Given that one
> > of lenny's release goals was pervasive IPv6 support, I felt that this
> > was worth fixing.  Aside from myself, at least one other person is
> > currently using packages including this patch on a busy mail site, and
> > they work as expected.  It is worth noting, though, that this change
> > introduced a new dependency on libnetaddr-ip-perl.
>
> Personally, the patch is a little larger than I'd currently be happy
> accepting for a stable update (at least for a non-security / RC fix). I
> realise the changes are all in unstable, although only for a couple of
> weeks.

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether it'd be accepted or not.  The change doesn't
have any functional effect at all if you haven't configured any IPv6
addresses in trusted_networks, etc, so I believe them to be safe.

Feel free to reject these packages, though; they're definitely not what
I *intended* to upload.

> I'd definitely suggest a lenny-backports upload including the changes
> though.

That's pretty much a given.  SpamAssassin in bpo stays pretty well in
sync with what's in testing.

noah