Re: [SRM] spamassassin 3.2.5-2+lenny1

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 09:24 -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> Hello.  I just uploaded a new set of spamassassin packages for
> consideration for the upcoming stable point release.  The changelog
> entry is:

In future, it would be good if you could post debdiffs to -release and
wait for confirmation /before/ uploading. :-)

>    * Remove open-whois.org as it is cybersquatted (Closes: #537477)
>    * Backport IPv6 support for the Received header parser (Closes: #510711)
>    * Correct the Maintainer field.
>    * Fix numerous pod2man errors that caused warning messages to be
>      embedded within several man pages.

There are also a few other changes which weren't mentioned in the
changelog or your mail, at least the first of which looks unintentional.
The others are relatively minor, but I wasn't sure if they were intended
to form part of the update, as they weren't mentioned.

- The documentation fix for spamhaus and SURBL not being free for all
has been reverted, as has the corresponding changelog entry from 3.2.5-2
(and the changelog trailer for that version changed).

- The perl-modules dependency has grown a "| libio-zlib-perl (>= 1.04)"
alternative.

- GPG.KEY is no longer not compressed

- sa-update is no longer run with an explicit umask by the cron job

> The IPv6 header support is the only change to actual functionality.  It
> fixes the problem where the config parser was unable to handle IPv6
> addresses in config directives like "trusted_networks".  Given that one
> of lenny's release goals was pervasive IPv6 support, I felt that this
> was worth fixing.  Aside from myself, at least one other person is
> currently using packages including this patch on a busy mail site, and
> they work as expected.  It is worth noting, though, that this change
> introduced a new dependency on libnetaddr-ip-perl.

Personally, the patch is a little larger than I'd currently be happy
accepting for a stable update (at least for a non-security / RC fix). I
realise the changes are all in unstable, although only for a couple of
weeks.

I'd definitely suggest a lenny-backports upload including the changes
though.

Regards,

Adam