Re: will 2.6 be default?

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> Le mercredi 26 août 2009 à 10:14 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe a écrit :
> > I saw recently that RT did not list 2.6 as default Python as a
> > release goal. I also saw a thread talking about the problems related
> > to 2.6. Does this mean Squeeze won't use it by default or are u guys
> > working on it?
>
> In the current state of affairs and given the plans of the Python
> maintainers

By this, do you mean “the plans of the maintainers of the Debian
maintainers of Python”, or “the plans of the upstream maintainers of
Python”?

> there will be likely no python2.6 (even as non-default) in squeeze.

Can this situation be improved by input from enthustic volunteers, even
those without specific skills in the Debian package of Python?

I'm confident that, if the right coordination of effort and publicity of
the necessary to-do tasks were applied, there would be ample willingness
From Debian members who want Python 2.6 in Debian Squeeze.

--
 \              “A new swimming pool is rapidly taking shape since the |
  `\            contractors have thrown in the bulk of their workers.” |