Re: open issues with the hppa port

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Andreas Barth<aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
>> Or are you simply asking the hppa porters to be more active in filing
>> FTBFS bugs against packages after build failures?
>
> If they would do that, that might be quite helpful to distinguish
> between "hppa issue" and "package issue".

I didn't know vlc, xmms2, and xmp were not building. I'll add them to
my list and look over the failures. I don't know how to get visibility
into what's failing for hppa.

I believed the role of the porter was to cater to the package
maintainers when something failed on the porters architecture.

For example I recently resolved the guile-gnome-platform build issue
that was brought to debian-hppa.

The petsc build issue is in my queue.

The top of my list is the glibc nptl transition.

I strongly suggest any other package build problems should be brought
to debian-hppa.

Cheers,
Carlos.