Re: On cadence and collaboration

Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> (06/08/2009):
> If the freeze date is well known in advance the question becomes moot
> unless some maintainer wants to work against the freeze AFAICS. Having
> a known freeze date is meant to help everyone to be able to plan
> better and refrain from doing high impact changes right before the
> freeze.

We already have maintainers working against any kind of common sense. We
have maintainers breaking transitions, delaying them, or starting them
when they're not welcome. We even have a mechanism to enforce sanity
(transition-related upload prevention/blocks).

Why would/should the freeze be treated in a different manner?

Mraw,
Mooty
KiBi.