Re: Status of Linux 2.6.31

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 23:28 +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > If you choose to unsubscribe from
> > debian-kernel then don't complain that you don't hear what the kernel
> > team is doing.
>
> wrong; i complain because the kernel team is apparently not
> communicating to other teams about stuff that is critical for them. if
> you maintain such a critical package, you need to talk to your users
> within the distribution when you are intending to change stuff for them.
> it's not that there would be too many.

I have in fact mailed all maintainers of module-source packages that
were being built through the conglomeration packages.

> > I assumed, maybe wrongly, that Julian Klode filed #541828 on behalf of
> > Debian Live.
>
> julian is not involved in debian-live (and he used the third person when
> speaking about the debian-live team in #541828. that could have been a
> clue).

Then maybe you should consider that the communication problem lies
between aufs and Debian Live maintainers.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.