Re: Status of Linux 2.6.31

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 22:56 +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
> >> where was this discussed?
> >
> > Bug report #517130
>
> which is one single message, not a discussion.
>
> > and the Debian kernel team meeting in Portland.
>
> in private then, behind 'closed doors'. :/

It was held at a conference; there was an open invitation here and a
published agenda on wiki.debian.org.  If you choose to unsubscribe from
debian-kernel then don't complain that you don't hear what the kernel
team is doing.

[...]
> >> why was debian-live not informed about it, it's critical part of
> >> the distribution for building live images.
> >
> > I've added aufs2 to the kernel image packages precisely because Debian
> > Live needs it.
>
> thanks, but please do inform debian-live next time in advance.

I assumed, maybe wrongly, that Julian Klode filed #541828 on behalf of
Debian Live.

> >  Is there anything else you need?
>
> loop-aes.

Sorry, we can't do this - loop-aes replaces the loop module.  Max
Vozeler has been working to fix this by adding a compatible mode to
dm-crypt.  You'll need to talk to him.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.