Advice on handling dhcp3-client -> isc-dhcp-client transition

Hi,

I haven't done this before, so I thought I'd ask for some advice on how to
best do it...

I'm in the process of packaging ISC's DHCP 4.1. It's currently in
experimental. I'd like to upload it to unstable soon, but I've ditched the
"3" from all of the related directories, so the following packages are
currently dropping a dhclient hook into something under /etc/dhcp3:

avahi-autoipd
debian-edu-config
dhcdbd
fai-nfsroot
ntp
ntpdate
resolvconf
samba-common
sendmail-base
whereami

So if I go uploading the current 4.1 package to unstable, all of these are
going to be messed up.

What is the right way of doing this transition?

Should I pick a date in the future that I plan on uploading the 4.1 package
to unstable and then file a bug against each package, and the do NMUs as
needed on that date?

regards

Andrew