Re: Release goal: stop using /dev/dsp on Linux

On 2009-10-12, Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi> wrote:
> 1) arts
>
> this should go away with kde3 -> kde4 migration. The questions is if
> we still need kde3libs for some apps in squeeze, we still need the arts
> to build kde3libs. In that case, we'd still keep arts in archive but
> ask all applications to disable their arts support.

kde3 kdelibs can work without arts. it just changes the abi of the
kdelibs4c2a package and around 5-7 packages needs patching for this.
Ubuntu has done it (without caring for the abi breakage) so the patches
should be around.

It is somewhere very very low on my todo, but if someone wants to do it
I can quickly fill that person in with what and how and such.

/Sune